The first guaranteed report about the village is of the year 1383, when Hůrka was together with Jeseník sold by the Lords of Kravař to the Vilém of Kortenlangen and here stated Czech as Horka. Since the 15th century was the village constantly a part of the starojičínské manor.
The village Hůrka was an independent village since 1850 in the judicial and political region Nový Jičín. The typical agricultural village has kept its Czech character for the period of its existence. It was integrated to Starý Jičín. Since 1773 classes had been given in private houses, the school was founded in 1863–1866, when the first school house was built. Today the primary school is located in the village. After the Munich Agreement in 1938 was Hůrka passed into the Sudetenland (Sudetes territory), despite the fact, that it was overall a Czech village, in which has not lived not one German family. After World War II were collecting wells within the town territory built, later then pumping stations of the Severomoravských vodovodů a kanalizací (North-Moravian water supply and sewerage). On a part of the territory spreads the Horecký forest, which was managed by the forest establishment in Frenštát pod Radhoštěm. The communal farming JZD (kolkhozy) was founded in 1953 in Hůrka and in 1972 it joint the JZD Jesenicko with residence in Jeseník nad Odrou, today it is the agricultural co-operative society / Zemědělské obchodní družstvo Jesenicko. A cultural sight of the village is the chapel of Saint Anne of the year 1840. The town seal is from 1749 and it bears a standing bull above which three stars float.