Hrabětice were founded in 1772–1776 during the parcelling out of the blahutovický court by the time unprofitable.
The village belonged to the hranické manor of the Lords of Ditrichštejn, it was named after the owner´s wife Grafen Dorfel later then Grafendorf, Czech Hrabětice. The village was inhabited by German residents and was probably the smallest village in the Nový Jičín region. It was integrated to Jeseník nad Odrou. A vast part is covered by the so called Hrabětický forest, which is up to now a natural habitat for a rare flora (vegetation). On the municipal seal, purchased after the founding of the village, was a heraldic count crown with nine tips topped with pearls depicted according to the name. It was later used even on official municipal stamps.